Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend score card vs Democracy day score card

I wonder what all of you are celebrating Democracy day for? Democracy day my foot! it had me basically drowned in my own sweat cursing the bloody PHCN, what kind of self centered disconnected human beings run these entities?

Was supposed to be Karaoke night at Play on Thursday, but it ended up being BYOB. They actually moved Karaoke to Sundays, which is bad cause of our Sunday Pool parties.
Despite the change of plans BYOB was a hit. It was the complete crew again after a week; SBB, Mystery, Mr. Capable and my humble self. Added to the usual crew was Skills, Babs and Nickie.

The in house DJ had us pumped and some folks beside us started doing that popular dance... (like the one they did at the end of the Replacements).
Didn't realize it until they Mystery tried dancing with the lead and one dude cock blocked him.
As midnight approached we ditched towards Quorum hoping to have more fun but not until we heckled some chicks just getting to play (I'm Blaming it on the alcohol), not that it was insulting. I love Wande Coal; it was his lyrics we used, we kept shouting " Orobo to bad oh, Lepa top Bad oh".

Quorum turned out to be intimidating. I had to admit it was impressive. the live band was cool. But there was one problem: SBB wasn't allowed in cause of his jersey so we all left in solidarity.

Next port of call was the seldom visited Aristotle Bar, and the place was dead by the time we got there. It seemed like the perfect signal to hit the sack so we all went our different ways.

Friday started with a traditional wedding and ended with us hanging out at silver spoon and it was a live band we met at the spot, some crazy papas sturvs were on display and we showed them that despite the fact that we were young, we sure knew how to get down Owambe style.

Saturday found us in a quiet mood, we stayed home all day till about 7:00 Pm then had a couple of drinks at a garden near the house.

At this point you'll be wondering why all of a sudden we just turned the hanging out down a few notches, well everybody had his own reason sha.

One of mine being the talk I had with Diva. she asked me if I ever thought about staying home for the weekend, just doing basic stuff while catching up on my reading. i thought about it ....(for a few minutes). so i decided to give it a try.


Nowadays I'm beginning to spend a lot of time with Diva; Hooking up after work and talking a lot on the phone. I won't say I have an idea where its going but i promise to keep you posted.

One prominent thing that kept bugging me this week was the whole Democracy Day theme of the weekend. It was annoying, there were even score cards by some papers, yet I found myself at home with no electricity with intense heat again on Sunday. I scanned the papers for any readable news, nothing intrigued me until I turned to the back page.

Simon Kolawole's column was something I usually look forward to so I decided to give it a read, to my amazement it went ; blah blah blah..... telling us to appreciate the fact that we are better off as we are than we were 10 years ago.

but i have to admit that apart from a few liberties we enjoy, we're still almost back to square one, in fact maybe i should do my own score card right now.

PRESIDENT YAR' ADUA ; 2/10 .F

VICE PRESIDENT GOODLUCK; -4/ 10 HE SHOULD GO AND REPEAT

ALL THE MINISTERS; 1/10 (THAT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE A SHITTY BOSS)

INEC AND MAURICE IWU (OR IS IT IWURUWURU); only God can score that one.

MOST STATE GOVERNORS BOTH REELECTED AND ELECTED BY RE-RUN;
3/ 10

GOVERNOR FASHOLA; NOT DECIDED YET (UNTIL I SEE THINGS FOR MYSELF. ALL THAT PICTURE PROPAGANDA WILL NOT WORK FOR ME)

So I wish I could say I agree totally with you completely Mr. Kolawole but this suffering I'm going through right now is unbearable.

2 comments:

  1. Shame ur boi won't be around for the next 3-4 weekends
    BYOB wasn't bad at all....might be around this Thursday tho. Still need ur hookup in Minna

    ReplyDelete