Monday, May 11, 2009

My Weekend and Sam....

I have had one of the most forgettable weekends in ages in terms of my habitual nocturnal activities. I never imagined myself staying home on a Friday night intentionally with only local T. V content for company. Believe you me I so dearly want to forget this weekend, save for Friday afternoon when I totally got wasted before 3:00 PM.

There is one thing people should know about serving in Abuja, it can be wasteful; a Corper is likely to spend his community development days getting drunk half the time. Its double trouble if his CD is on Friday, because the likely hood of going clubbing is calculated into this probability.
After 3:00 PM my day was over, or more like my weekend was over socially, my other only compensation being that I hung out with the usual crew plus a few additions in the form of Diva and Dude. Dude had just come in from Lagos for work while I hadn’t seen Diva in a while.

As usual it was Dub-C through out, though the alcohol to human consumption ratio was a bit more concentrated. Apparently I was one of only 3 people expected to finish a bottle of Vodka, the others being Mr. Capable and Diva. Let me just say at this point that I will sadly not be giving you details of what happened as a result of the consumption of the Vodka (this is because of the gag order imposed on me by one of the participants).

Meanwhile every other seemingly smart person preferred Red wine, it seemed that there was something good about the particular bottle they were drinking cause they were not satisfied with one.

Like I said, the rest of the weekend was forgettable, that is until I watched T.V yesterday. Lil mama was watching E! New in the evening when they did a short on the hottest Australian actors in Hollywood. As most of you know by now, I’ve wanted to do a piece on Sam Worthington, and no it’s not because he’s good looking and Aussie. Rather it’s to rant about the meteoric rise he’s had over the year. Low and behold, there he was smiling on T.V as if to say; “mumu, nothing wey you fit do”(wonder how that will sound ). It really got me pissed I must say. Not like I have any thing against the guy personally, I just wish I knew some of his previous works so that I would know what to expect.

For those of you who don’t know, Sam Worthington is going to be in two major movies this year and they both have Box office dynamite attached to them. Being a movie buff, I’m always accustomed to following the lives of both established and up and coming actors. So I can say I’m able to predict who is next to blow based on their previous works or their present performance. I had always been good at it and if I had a paying job predicting the next big thing out of Hollywood, I’d probably be driving a Ferrari by now. Well that fantasy was threatened recently with the name peddling of Sam Worthington. Who the hell is he you might ask; well the little I can tell you guys about him personally is that he’s Australian, about 30 years of age, and has never done any T.V or movie outside Australia until now.
Right now he’s set to star in James Cameron’s big budget movie; Avatar, as well as the fourth installment of the Terminator franchise directed by McG; Terminator Salvation. Which he will co- star with Christian Bale. All this might seem senseless to you but I honestly don’t understand this particular guy’s quick rise, and as if to kick sand in my face while I was still struggling to understand what was going on, he’s just been confirmed as the lead (Persius) in the remake of Clash of the Titans. Tell me I’m only dreaming folks.

For the sake of the dude’s career I hope all these movies break the bank at the box office, if not he’ll just turn out to be a flash in the pan.

Meanwhile the whole dull weekend had me thinking about life after service. The recurring question going through my head being what I was going to do after service. So I’m just sitting here right now trying to figure that out..

2 comments:

  1. lol @ imaginin broken in an Aussie accent and d WC incident are u sure it wasn't thursday abi na creative license???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. WC? don't know what that is??? Broken with an Aussie accesnt could revolutionize pidgin english you know....

    ReplyDelete